How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102150
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Adoption: My husband support me about one child adoption;

Customer Question

Adoption: My husband support me about one child adoption; but he does not want to participate in the adoption documents, can I running along the adoption process /PA State?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
If a parent wishes to formally adopt a child, the parent's spouse does not have to also formally adopt the child. While it is normally done that BOTH spouses file to adopt, this is not mandatory - only one parent can do so.
NOTE that in the adoption study/review of the home, he is still likely to be asked to be interviewed regardless.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If this is a general information and is not legal advice. Then,_ "only one parent can do so"_ is not true, right?
Thanks You cannot help me.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
This website has several disclaimers stating that this is not legal advice. Just to ask a question, you generally have to click through at least one of them.
I will opt out. Good luck!

Related Family Law Questions