How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

While I was pregnant my daughters father was killed in an accident.

Customer Question

While I was pregnant my daughters father was killed in an accident. I am trying to prove paternity and get him on her birth cirtificate. However I am in no luck finding anyone to help do dna test. What legal route can I take to prove this. I have written signed form in dfs stating I'm p re gnat with his child. I have many people who would protest.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of your loss. I suggest that you will need to file a Paternity case in the Circuit/Superior court in the county where you are living. The problem will be that you will need to have the Father's DNA and that will only be able to be presented by the Coroner or some other state or hospital official who may have done DNA testing at the time of the Father's death.I suggest, that you contact the Legal Aid 1-***-***-****, and get assistance from them in filing this paternity matter, if you cannot afford a private attorney. You also can check with the Wyoming Bar Association for a list of family law Pro Bono attorneys, who may be willing to help you with this matter.Here is a contact number 1-***-***-****
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you

Related Family Law Questions