Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

While I was pregnant my daughters father was killed in an accident.

Customer Question
I am trying to prove...
While I was pregnant my daughters father was killed in an accident. I am trying to prove paternity and get him on her birth cirtificate. However I am in no luck finding anyone to help do dna test. What legal route can I take to prove this. I have written signed form in dfs stating I'm p re gnat with his child. I have many people who would protest.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/9/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of your loss. I suggest that you will need to file a Paternity case in the Circuit/Superior court in the county where you are living. The problem will be that you will need to have the Father's DNA and that will only be able to be presented by the Coroner or some other state or hospital official who may have done DNA testing at the time of the Father's death.I suggest, that you contact the Legal Aid 1-***-***-****, and get assistance from them in filing this paternity matter, if you cannot afford a private attorney. You also can check with the Wyoming Bar Association for a list of family law Pro Bono attorneys, who may be willing to help you with this matter.Here is a contact number 1-***-***-****
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law