How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is what I see on the court site. is there a phone number I could call to find out why

Customer Question

This is what I see on the court site. is there a phone number I could call to find out why my case is note moving forward ? Do I need to go there to speak with a Clerk?
What is the status? the lawyer says we need to wait for the judge, is that true? or he is lying or not compitent?
Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
04/06/2015 Judgment-Package Received-STIP
04/06/2015 Notice-Acknowledgement of Receipt
Filed by Petitioner
04/06/2015 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
Filed by Petitioner
04/06/2015 Notice-Change of Address
04/06/2015 Request-Enter Default
12/22/2014 Request-Enter Default
12/22/2014 Judgment-Package Received-STIP
12/12/2014 Notice-Status Conference-POS
10/31/2014 Declaration-Serv Pre Dec Dis Inc
10/31/2014 Request-Enter Default
09/16/2014 Notice-Acknowledgement of Receipt
Filed by Petitioner
09/11/2014 Order-Court Fee Waiver
Filed by Petitioner
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
I can empathize with your frustration at the time all of this is taking. However, your attorney does not appear to be doing anything wrong, nor does he appear to be incompetent or lying.
It presently takes about 3 months, give or take, for the court to approve the stipulated judgment, review all the documents and enter the judgment after the submission of the Stipulated Judgment Package is received. You are right at the three month mark this week and you should expect to hear something in the next couple of weeks.
Calling the court clerk won't result in the matter being expedited, and contacting the judge or his secretary would be inappropriate. If after another 2 to 4 weeks you haven’t heard from the court or your attorney regarding the entry of judgment, then it would be appropriate for your attorney to contact the court and inquire as to whether they need anything else to assist them in getting the judgment entered----note that a good attorney never would just come out and ask when the judgment will be issued as that is deemed rude by most judges. And it is important that only your attorney contact the court on your behalf if it is needed.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Related Family Law Questions