How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Father has filed a motion in custody/ visitation due to the mother moving to an

Customer Question

Father has filed a motion for change in custody/ visitation due to the mother moving to another state. What happens after the motion is filed. Will there be a temporary change issued to stop the move? The mother is moving soon and has not given a specific date. She wants to move and then tell him. She is withholding the children from their summer visitation with the father due to unresonable demands of who is allowed to care for the children. Which is not specified in the original decree. In order to get moved without him seeing the children for summer visitation. Will the court allow her time to retain counsel and by time to move? and allow her to continue to with hold the visitation? He was orignially supposed to have them for the entire summer vacation until returning to school. She conitunes to delay and make excues why he can not pick them up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
If the Father has requested an emergency hearing for the issuance of a Temporary injunction until the matter can be fully resolved, yes.
I suggest that the Father consider returning to the court and discussing having an emergency hearing for a Temporary Injunction to keep the Mother from moving. He also can request that he be given the children, at least temporarily, because he is concerned she is going to move.
Also, if she is in Contempt of the custody/visitation order I suggest he file a SHOW CAUSE/Contempt proceeding. Again, he can request an emergency hearing on the Contempt because Summer is here and almost gone. Thus, his visitation is being interfered with
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you

Related Family Law Questions