How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34034
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left my husband in September of 2014. He begged second

Customer Question

I left my husband in September of 2014. He begged for a second chance and we agreed to try again but only if he did not drink and went for counseling. We moved back in in April 1, 2015. Two weeks into our cohabitation he drank again. This happened several more times and I finally asked him to move out on June 6th. He has not left and will not leave. It is a toxic situation and it is effecting my children's heath as well as my own. I have no money - how do I get him out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Has he threatened you or your children with physical violence or struck you or your children?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not since we moved back in together. He did verbally threaten me when we lived together before.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, there is no way to force a spouse from the marital home in the absence of an agreement or court order.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
If you or the children are in physical danger you can call the police and take out an order of protection, which would force him to leave.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Otherwise, you would have to be the one to leave if he will not and you can not tolerate living together.