How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Maryland, how do I file an appeal in circuit court of an

Customer Question

In Maryland, how do I file an appeal in circuit court of an administrative law judge ruling?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI suggest you can review this LINK for the procedures and RulesAnd in part, it states the following:Petitions for judicial review can be filed in the Circuit Court for the county where any party resides or has principal place of business. Advance filing fees must be paid at the time of filing, unless the case is an appeal from the State Workers' Compensation Commission or an appeal, by an individual claiming benefits, from a decision of the Board of Appeals of the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation or the petitioner has gotten the fees waived. The court may waive, or put aside, the filing fee for people who cannot pay.The caption, or beginning, of the petition must have the following format:IN THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR ________________PETITION OF ____________________________[name and address of the petitioner]FOR JUDICIAL REVIEW OF THE DECISION OF THE______________________________________________[name and address of administrative agency that made the decision]IN THE CASE OF _________________________________[caption of agency proceeding, including agency case number]CIVIL ACTION No.________ The petition must explicitly "request judicial review," identify the action for which review is sought, and state whether the person seeking review was a party to the proceeding. Nothing else is required in the petition. A duplicate copy of the petition must be given to the clerk of the court to be sent to the agency.Please note you have 30 DaysPlease note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you