How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118101
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed . My spouse has signed the Summons,

Customer Question

I have filed for divorce. My spouse has signed the Summons, but then refused to sign the JOD. I filed a motion for divorce and whet to the hearing today. My spouse's last known address is unknown and apparently has not changed his address with the courts. My spouse did not respond to the motion or show up for the hearing. I now need to fill out another form because he did not respond to the motion,
and return it to the court next week for a rescheduled hearing. What I need to know is what form is it that I need to fill out and where can I find it. I am filing in Macomb County, MI
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need a "Notice of Hearing" which would notify him of the time and date and place of the hearing (see: So you need to fill it out and you need to make sure he is properly served the notice.

If you cannot find his address, then you have to file a motion for service by publication/alternate service (See: In the motion you state what you have done to find an address on your spouse to serve them and that you have exhausted all reasonable means to serve him the notice of the hearing and ask the court to allow alternative service by you publishing notice in the major newspaper in your area.