Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

What is the process of removing an incompetent guardian ad litem? He r

Customer Question

What is the process of removing an incompetent guardian ad litem? He refuses to interview people who have first hand knowledge of child abuse from father. The father has also tested positive for drugs x3. Also refuses to interview child psychologist, both paternal and maternal grandparents, the people who supervise at "safe harbor"
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. The Guardian Ad Litem, or GAL, is appointed by the Court and may be removed by the Court if there is sufficient cause. A petition may be filed with the clerk of court asking that the GAL be removed and/or replaced. Upon the filing of the petition, a court hearing will be scheduled. This site may provide additional information useful you:http://www.cookcountycourt.org/ABOUTTHECOURT/CountyDepartment/DomesticRelationsDivision/ChildRepGuardianAdLitemGAL.aspx Here is a link to the relevant statutes:http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?ActID=2086&ChapterID=59&SeqStart=8300000&SeqEnd=10000000 Also this article provides a good discussion of your issue:http://info.legalzoom.com/file-motion-change-guardian-ad-litem-24054.html I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.