How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haven't seen my daughter in 9 yrs due to me being very unstable,

Customer Question

I haven't seen my daughter in 9 yrs due to me being very unstable, always moving, transportation issues, etc. I was recently contacted by my daughter's current boyfriend about some issues and things on in her life. I still have visitation rights and I went to pick her up this past Sat to be denied. I went to the courthouse and filed a contempt. When I go in front of either a magistrate or judge would they consider me of abandoning my daughter?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
How old is your daughter?
Did you keep up with the court ordered visitation and when was the last time your visited with your daughter prior to your last attempt?

Related Family Law Questions