Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What happens when one of the parents will not take the child

Customer Question
to summer school? The child...
what happens when one of the parents will not take the child to summer school? The child is with him for 6 weeks and he says his girlfriend is teaching him.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/6/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
If the girlfriend has registered him as a "home schooled" student, then that would not be something that would violated any programming the child must take.
However, if the child is not registered as being "home schooled" on an approved summer school curriculum then I suggest that a Show Cause could be filed in the custody matter in the courts. And he would need to appear and show cause as to why he is not acting in the best interest of the child by ensuring he is academically doing what is required.
CPS does not need to get involved. It can be done in the court where the custody/visitation order has been issued. And the clerk of that court should have the forms to file for a Show Cause.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law