How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have health POA and financial POA mom who has beeen

Customer Question

I have health POA and financial POA for my mom who has beeen very sick. She agreed to stay with my brother "while she recovered" . My brother said he could provide 24 hr care for her. Now he says her care is $2500 per month and wants her checks and to sell her assets to pay for it. He pays his wife's sister to help mom get dressed twice a day, give her a bath and give meds. She sits in the back bedroom away from them while they do whatever. He pays for care while they are sitting in the next room. I think mom's money would be better spent on care family can't provide, rather than care they just won't provide themselves. Advise please
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I want to make sure I understand; your brother is charging $2500 each month for caring for your mom?