Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Texas Child visitation issue. My 16 year old child has a job.

Customer Question

Texas Child visitation issue. My 16 year old child has a job. My Ex wants to enforce his summer visitation and make 16 yo quit his job. His summer visitation is from 6pm July 1st to 6pm July 31st. He did not show until the 3rd to pick him up. Do I have to make him go for the visitation? My child does not want to go.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If the order calls for visitstion, then you and the child must comply with the order. If not, you could be held in contempt. The best thing you could do is file a motion to modify the visitstion order and have it where the child doesn't have to go -- based on his job or simply because he doesn't want to visit with his the parent.