How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116711
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's father refuses to give me information about my son's

Customer Question

My son's father refuses to give me information about my son's whereabouts, he told me that our son will be at his cousins when he's at work but refuses to give me her information. Him and his wife to be also take away my son's phone and I do not get to talk to him days, I also found out that my son sleeps at another person's house in instead for the cousins during the night and I believe this is why he refuses to give me her information which violate our parental agreement.... I am not sure what to do and I have a 6year old who is crying because he does not want to sleep there.... Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your recourse, since the father is not cooperating, would be to file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt and to compel. In that motion you would explain the facts to the court and state you have never been given proof of where the child is staying or a location and the child is complaining and ask the court to order him to not only comply with the order and not leave the child where he was not supposed to and also to force him to give you the information on where the child is located.
The court will have to intervene to make the father comply I am afraid and that is your only option at this point if the father will not disclose it to you.

Related Family Law Questions