How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The father of my daughter is on probation. sex crime

Customer Question

The father of my daughter is on probation. For a sex crime regarding a minor when he was 12, but was charged as a adult years ago he's 28 now. He was told not to see my daughter where that would be a violation of probation. But he continued to see my daughter and myself. Now he's arrested for violation of probation for see her. My question is how with this effects my daughter and myself. Can the state of Az take her away from me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, were you aware that he was seeing the child? Did his visitation take place with your knowledge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I was always present, including his dad
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, That actually is extremely damaging to you and your situation. Since you knowingly exposed your child to someone that the courts deem to be dangerous, what you can be pursued for is parental neglect. On that basis the state can indeed consider removal of the child and placement either in foster care or with an another relative so that the child is no longer exposed to elements that the courts find to be potentially dangerous. I am sorry! Sincerely, ***** *****