How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a situation were we want to change the Birth fathers

Customer Question

We have a situation were we want to change the Birth fathers name on my daughters birth certificate, currently another mans name is ***** ***** listed as the father, after a paternitiy test 6 yrs ago I have found that I am the biological father, my daughter
is currently being raised by her grandparents, becuase her mother sigened her rights away to them, there is no conflict and we are all in agreement, my daughter lives in Tennessee, was born in Havelock Nc, on a military base and I am in Texas, how do we get
this process rolling to have the Non father removed and my name added?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.
I note you have a history of not "rating" answers. Folks like me, who answers questions for folks like you, only get credit if the answer is rated. So if I spend time with you, and you refuse to rate the answer, I get no credit for my time.
Happy to help, but I want to make sure you are wiling to rate my answer positively at the conclusion of our conversation.