Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

How to transfer my sons trust to the state we live in

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Who is the trustee of the trust?
What does the trust provide about transfer of the trust?
What type of trust is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was set up in a civil suit agaist risperdal I did everything from Jackson the its my sons money I am the repersentive im his mom the paper work I did I didn't understand I thought iwould be able to set up something for him myself instead it went to national distribution in jersey
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, unfortunately, because it is a court ordered trust, the only way you could remove this now is by an order of the court that set it up. So, you have to file a motion to move situs of trust (which means moving the trust to another state). You need to present good cause to the state as to why the trust should be moved. However, just because you did not understand and did not know this would be court controlled would not be good cause. You have to show the court the trust is not being properly managed or that they are not giving you what you need for your son's needs from the trust to get the court to agree to change the location of the trust.