How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is if my husband tried to force me to

Customer Question

Hello, My question is if my husband tried to force me to sexual act and was abusive to me is this civil suite or criminal. My lawyer just filed for injunction and I don't want my husband to loose his job because he won't be able to pay child support for my kids. Also can I cancel this suite even if he already send the papers to sheriff office.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I don't understand what suit you are asking about canceling. Are you speaking about the injunction your lawyer filed?