Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

We have two - no exaggeration - CRAZY neighbors, a woman (80-ish)

Customer Question

We have two - no exaggeration - CRAZY neighbors, a woman (80-ish) and her daughter (60-ish.) We have been putting up with their harangues and accusations for over 20 years and are sick of it. Can I get a restraining order (for my entire family/against both of them) and how do I go about it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under WI law, anyone who is being physically or sexually abused, stalked, threatened, and/or harassed or intimidated repeatedly with no legitimate (valid) purpose by another person is eligible to file for a harassment order. See: Wis. Stat. § 813.125(4)(a)
You can go down to the local court and file the harassment order against both of them and the sheriff will serve them and everyone will have to appear in court, so you need to bring as many of the reports from the police or the evidence you have of their conduct with you to court to prove their conduct and have the court order them to cease all contact with you.