How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117396
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have two - no exaggeration - CRAZY neighbors, a woman (80-ish)

Customer Question

We have two - no exaggeration - CRAZY neighbors, a woman (80-ish) and her daughter (60-ish.) We have been putting up with their harangues and accusations for over 20 years and are sick of it. Can I get a restraining order (for my entire family/against both of them) and how do I go about it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under WI law, anyone who is being physically or sexually abused, stalked, threatened, and/or harassed or intimidated repeatedly with no legitimate (valid) purpose by another person is eligible to file for a harassment order. See: Wis. Stat. § 813.125(4)(a)
You can go down to the local court and file the harassment order against both of them and the sheriff will serve them and everyone will have to appear in court, so you need to bring as many of the reports from the police or the evidence you have of their conduct with you to court to prove their conduct and have the court order them to cease all contact with you.

Related Family Law Questions