Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

2 sons died in Feb and March of this year. I did no know that…

Customer Question
2 sons died in Feb...
2 sons died in Feb and March of this year. I did no know that you go there to die.
I thought that it was a place where you would stay until you were able to go home.
However my question is:I know that morphine is given for pain. But how come a hospics can increase or decrease the mediation for the patient to go onto the next level which is death. I was approach by someone at the hospics about doing this to my 2 sons, taking them to the next level. I told them I would never consent to this. I brought them into this world and I certainly would never consent to their deaths.
I talked to the people who ran the hospics and they told me that this is a common practice. Is this true? If not not, do I have case against them?
Betty C
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/2/2015
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
My condolences for your loss.
It is illegal to intentionally kill someone. Nor can anyone consent to be killed.
Were your sons legal adults? Did you make their healthcare decisions?
Thank you.