Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Tuesday the judge ruled that no changes would be make with…

Customer Question
Tuesday the judge ruled that...
Tuesday the judge ruled that no changes would be make with the kid’s school pending the child coordinator. The father is fighting the Parenting Plan school recommendations. A lot was happening fast in court I misunderstood the judge. I thought he was referring to changes to the Parenting Plan not the kid’s school. The Parenting Plan recommends the kids change schools. The School location is extremely important.
The problem now is if I cannot start the process this week with Child Coordinator, according to her office, she will not be able to complete her recommendation by the start of school. The Child Coordinator cannot start until she gets the court order which may take weeks.
I have asked my lawyer to file something with the court requesting if the Child Coordinator is not able to complete the recommendation by the start of school that the phycologists Parenting Plan recommendations be implemented so the kids go to the recommended school until further reviewed by the Child Coordinators. My lawyer is not responding to my requests. Is this an unreasonable request?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/2/2015
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Good Day! I'll do my best to assist you. Please remember: I only provide general information and a local attorney should always be consulted.
Most judges will not find that to be an unreasonable request, as education is an important factor in a child's life, and it can be very disruptive to switch schools in the middle of the year. As such, the judge will likely want to have an evaluation done as soon as possible; and to have a back up plan should the evaluation not be able to take place in a timely manner.
An attorney has a duty to keep their client informed and to promptly respond to client inquiries.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/az/code/AZ_CODE.HTM
The lawyer should provide advice as to the proposed action and should not ignore a client's communication. Typically when this happens a client can send an email asking for a response by the end of the business day.
If the attorney continues to ignore the client, a complaint can be filed with the state bar, which can result in sanctions against the attorney.
http://www.azbar.org/lawyerconcerns/disciplineprocess/unhappywithalawyer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have further questions please be sure and respond before rating. If you have no further questions, Kindly rate positively so that the site is permitted to credit my account for assisting you- there is no additional charge for a positive rating and it is most appreciated.
Without a positive rating, I receive no compensation for assisting you this evening.
Thank you and take care!
Here is a link to help locate an attorney:
www.findlegalhelp.org and http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/home.cfm
Of course, should you have other questions please do not hesitate to post here.
If you found the information I provided useful, kindly rate positive as that is the only way the site is allowed to credit me so that I am compensated for the time I spent- which does not result in additional charges to the customer.
Thank you for extending this courtesy as I am an individual contributor so ratings are quite important , and take care!