How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file a subpoena to get our joint tax returns from

Customer Question

I need to file a subpoena to get our joint tax returns from my wife for discovery to determine potential alimony payments. We are currently separated, and she initiated the separation, and has said that she wants a divorce
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I might add that she unilaterally left while I was hospitalized and when I got home she was gone along with all of our stuff
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern and am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Do you know why she has refused to turn these over? Have you gone to mediation yet and trying to resolve this on your own?