How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was born in wedlock and there was not a question brought

Customer Question

My son was born in wedlock and there was not a question brought forth before the divorce regarding paternity. Can the man who was the biological father come forward, finding out 9 years later and obtain custody?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Generally, it is possible for biological father to bring an action to establish paternity at any point before the child reaches the age of 18, however, unless the biological father had no knowledge of the fact that he was the biological father of the child for all the years, it is not likely that the biological father will be given more than limited / supervised visitation with the child and only if the court determined that such visitation would be in the best interest of the child.
I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.