Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son was born in wedlock and there was not a question brought…

Customer Question
My son was born in...
My son was born in wedlock and there was not a question brought forth before the divorce regarding paternity. Can the man who was the biological father come forward, finding out 9 years later and obtain custody?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/1/2015
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Generally, it is possible for biological father to bring an action to establish paternity at any point before the child reaches the age of 18, however, unless the biological father had no knowledge of the fact that he was the biological father of the child for all the years, it is not likely that the biological father will be given more than limited / supervised visitation with the child and only if the court determined that such visitation would be in the best interest of the child.
I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law