How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** i am facing a very serious charge

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i am facing a very serious charge about 2 years ago i started getting disability and i am also paying child support i was paying my support but i never reported to the magistrate i lied and told her that i was working off the books i wish like hell i had told the truth from the begening. but because of extreme drug abuse i was scared that because of the rears that i owe they would take most of it and i couldnt get high the way i was use to getting high i was using cocain mixed with herioin mostly every day mean while child support found out that i was getting disability and now there gonna start taking more than half of it for child support which i dont mind now since my doctor is placing me in a drug rehabilitation program which i will dedicate myself to totaly if it wasnt for being so dependennt on cocain/heroin/alcohal and marajauna i would have told the truth from the very beggening now when i go to court on the 13th of july to face the magistrate she is gonna see where ive been lying all the long about working off the books i have never been to jail in my hole life. i was hoping some one could help with this situation that i have got myself into. help or legal advise would be greatly apreciated at this point hoping to here from some one soon sidney morris
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you obtained a local attorney yet, because what you have done in addition to committed perjury is you have committed disability benefit fraud and that is an additional criminal charge?
I ask this because you have to be represented by an attorney and you cannot make any statements to anyone about this matter without your attorney present.