How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got divorced a year ago and knew my wife committed adultery

Customer Question

I got divorced a year ago and knew my wife committed adultery with several men. This wasn't brought up in the initial divorce. Can I reopen the divorce based on the adultery?
She was the one that filed for divorce and I was a nice guy and let her have it. Now I want to reopen It so I can get what I deserved based on here immoral actions. I live in Ohio.
Thank You,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If the divorce has already been granted, then it would not be possible to re-oen the case based on this information UNLESS it wasn't known at the time and your ex concealed it/defrauded you and the court. However, if you knew about it and just didn't raise it, you should be barred from re-doing the divorce and property settlement agreement.

Related Family Law Questions