Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have just a day or two to decide whether to give up my…

Customer Question
I have just a day...
I have just a day or two to decide whether to give up my office and quit my job and move to another state to avoid the vicious ex partners attempt at ruining my life and preventing myself and my unborn child from having a happy life together. He and his
family seek to create a case to undermine my ability to be a good parent by financially devastating me, claiming I am abusive, and anything else they can to steal custody of my unborn child which hasn't even been confirmed he is the father yet. He has a temporary
restraining order against me with a court date on Tuesday which I am asked to go if I wish to defend myself. I also have a restraining order on him but my court date is later. I don't want to go to court and fight for years destroying my baby's new life. Also,
I am concerned of what to do regarding attending court in two days. I don't want to attend because if he is approved I would be served. I would rather avoid being served and just move away and raise my child elsewhere to protect them from this drug addict,
alcoholic, abusive emotionally and mentally I'll guy who came to me as a client to get help & I made a mistake to get involved with him. I was a Buddhist Nun for eight years & so I don't have the fighting power in me. I always seem peace over violence but
he grew up in gangs and violence every day. He even killed before. His mother is psychologically manipulative & never nurtured him. He is a monster whom I have possibly become pregnant with child with him. But it isn't for sure because I had two lovers almost
at the same time span. Anyway, I definitely need all the help I can get right now. I need to know what is the best route to take to avoid further legal issues in the future.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/29/2015
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am a bit confused by your narrative. If you are avoiding service, how do you know that you have a hearing in two days? Or is this a hearing for another issue?
Kindly clarify.