How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will I be charged?

Customer Question

will I be charged?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it considered parental kidnapping if I am the residential custodian of my 16 year old son and we both have joint custody. My son has been living with his dad in another state for one year and wants to come back to my house. He hates it there. Nothing was ever changed on court documents. I am still the residential custodian.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My 16 year old son is coming out here in a few days but he doesn't want to go back to his dad. If I keep my son with me, can his dad say that I kidnapped him?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardIt would be parental kidnapping IF you did not have a Court Order for the joint custody. But since you have the court order and you are the residential custodial parent, you are not breaking any laws by allowing your son to remain with you.I suggest that as long as you are following the court order you are not doing anything illegal

Related Family Law Questions