How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and i have lived together years and we

Customer Question

my husband and i have lived together for four years and we just got married he wants to adopt my oldest daughter her father is willing to give up his rights just not willing to go to court to do so. we live in Mendocino county CA
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi- my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. You and your husband can file a petition for adoption and to terminate the father's parental rights, and the father can sign a joinder, waiver and entry of appearance agreeing to the termination of his rights and consent to adoption....and he likely won't have to go to court.....but you and our husband will.

Related Family Law Questions