How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

TJ, I hope you can help me again. I am the legal guardian

Customer Question

Hi TJ, I hope you can help me again. I am the legal guardian of my 4 yr old grandson. I am divorcing my husband of ten years for things he didn't tell me about which cost me my savings and property. I have been living in a house with my daughter, grandson
and I on one side and my soon to be ex-husband and his handicapped son on the other. As the guardian I am required to live where the child lives, also I was hoping my daughter would stay off the drugs because of having lost her son before and finally I am
in my last year of grad school. So I had to live in the house, husband, got for us. However, daughter, didn't stay clean and became violent when I asked her to go with me for a drug test. I made her move out of the house but after a week, husband, let her
back in. She started drinking alcohol and said she could just take, son, and go to the mountains of Alaska or Oregon where she had friends. Seeing that after 1 1/2 years she was still not trying and now threatening to take,son, to the mountains. Remember she
had lived like that for 1 1/2 years. I took her seriously and took, grandson, to FL to live with my older daughter. At least for a visit and left him to protect him. Now I have received papers from, husband, that wants unreasonable visitation. I will try to
attach them. What form do I need to respond to his request? court date is July 13th.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I am not going to be online for very long, so I will open this to other attorneys so that you get an answer as quickly as possible.

Related Family Law Questions