How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had custody of my 7yr old granddaughter yrs her

Customer Question

I have had custody of my 7yr old granddaughter for 6 yrs her mom my daughter just got custody back of her 4yr old son and 2 yr old son when I let my granddaughter visit theres always a fight she tells me she wants to live a moms I say know beacaue where she lives she never has money not even for gas she can pay me her 60.00 a month for her Now my daughter is asking a a visit schedule so she can see her more she wants to keep it out of court what should I do and what visits should I give
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I suggest that you consider beginning with supervised visitation to the Mother only. That can take place at a public place such as a local park. You can be there or if you have a friend or family member who is willing to supervise the visits let them. Begin with this and see how it progresses for a month or two. Once you see how the Mother and daughter interact and things are going well, then you can consider extending the visits -still supervised - to include the other children with the Mother. See how that progresses If things go well, then you can agree to allowing the Mother to have non supervised visits with her daughter for say one evening a week and also on Saturdays or Sunday. Then you can decide if it should go to the next level such as from Friday evening to Sunday evening.In other words, you can set the pace and remain in control. Whatever you decide, I suggest you put it in writing and then both agree on it with signatures in front of a Notary. That will keep it out of court. Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you

Related Family Law Questions