How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12396
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam concerned about a female friend of mine ever since she

Customer Question

iam concerned about a female friend of mine ever since she told me that her husband has physically harmed her in the past and awhile back they got into an argument when she told him she was leaving him he push her and choked her and its not the first time,his told her if she ever tries to leave him he will take their son away and she is very frightened of him, what can i do to help she wont tell anybody about her situation not even her family.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. You can help by talking your friend into filing a police report the next time the husband touches her inappropriately. Unfortunately, that's about all you can do since she's a grown adult. She needs to press charges. If she doesn't, then it is highly unlikely that the police would be able to take action themselves since they would not have a cooperative witness.I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.