How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I'm a veteran and my husband to be is active duty Army,

Customer Question

If I'm a veteran and my husband to be is active duty Army, with Greenville, SC being his home of record, but we're stationed here at Fort Stewart, GA, do we have to still wait the 24 hours or can we get a rushed immediate marriage liscense, because we have to get married on an emergency basis and here in GA, that's impossible to do and Other than the 24 hour wait, It seems that South Carolina is our best bet and it's not far from Fort Stewart, GA. I'm pregnant and we have two children in Virginia being watched by my mother that we need to PCS here asap because my mother can't take care of them for longer and my old house lease is up August 1st, so we can't get any help from the Army until we get married and are desparate to get married right away same day and also try to get the marriage certificate same day likewise because without it, the Army won't allow us to do anything. It can be a temporary copy, it's just needs to show that we're officially married so the Army can do a rush on PCS' our kids and stuff. In Virginia, you can go get a marriage liscense issued the same day within like 10 minutes of applying and paying for it, then theres a marriage commissioner that has an office in the courthouse and he does your wedding within another 10 minutes and then you walk right back upstairs where you got the liscense and get the official copies, however many you want to pay for, immediately from the same place that gives the liscense's and it's official just like that.
Submitted: 2 years ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Phone number:(###) ###-####
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
happy to help...i will send the phone offer
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for using the phone feature. Have to take another call first, will call you immediately when I finish...
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thanks...a few more minutes please and I will give a call
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

Related Family Law Questions