Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex husband always wanted to keep my daughter and so when…

Customer Question
My ex husband always wanted...
My ex husband always wanted to keep my daughter and so when he learned about me moving on and remarrying he felt that someone was going to take his place in his daughters life, my daughter suddenly turned and accused my husband of an offense against her which she reported the day before my wedding so she was removed from my home and fiance was arrested the wedding never went through at that point. after further investigating her stories changed a lot of times there was even a therapist they took her to (ACS) which the therapist put that her dad has a big influence on her and he was telling her things and she will act out, ACS keep pushing for her removal from me and the worker lied about me in her paper work. The criminal charges ultimately dropped on my fiance because the sotry was inconsistency however family court kept ridding on it with ACS and put a founding against my husband and put me as neglect the reason was never giving, Neglect for what? they gave her to her dad and never gave her back to me, now he is taking her to another state, i have lost my daughter i don't know if or when i will ever see her again, ACS is still harassing me and although the new judge on the case has closed it they continue keeping the case open on their end and popping up at my house to monitor my son who is 2 years old because they don't want the dad to be around and they want to be sure he is not around. They broke up my marriage and i have lost my child over "words" that had no back bones or legs to stand on. I have all the documents from ACS and the courts, i am not suppose to have them but i managed to get my hands on the records, i have all the lies ACS worker has said against me. I want to sue the agency and the worker, i love my daughter, life and my husband. I have a degree i can not use in many places because of the neglect they put on me. Is there a way you can help? I am desperately waiting.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
Sorry for the typo but the last sentence on the end i meant **"I LOST my daughter, life and husband"**
6/28/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
ACS is one of the most negligent, incompetent and abusive agencies you will ever deal with. If the previous case had criminal charges dismissed and the court closed the civil case, then ACS really has no authority to continue monitoring and they are violating your constitutional right to your child. The US Supreme Court said you have a fundamental right, which is a basic civil right, to raise your child and they cannot take that from you unless they prove by clear and convincing evidence you were an unfit parent. See: Troxel v. Granville (US Supreme Court).
Since you are saying they never proved that, you should get a local attorney to file suit against the ACS to get your child back and also a restraining order against them continuing to harass you under the color of law, which is a civil rights violation.