How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do to get the child

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Dorothy. What can I do to get the child and protective services to help my 3 yr old great-grandchild. Her mother (my granddaughter) and her boyfriend (father of the child) are in a very abusive relationship, both physical, mentally and both are drug addicts. Several police reports have been made and phone calls by my family to CPS and out of the all the reports only 1 was assigned to a case worker, who has blinders on. Today, we had a phone tele-conference with the case worker, my granddaughter, her boyfriend and my sister. My sister told of several instances that she has been involved with them in abusive situations with the child in the home. The child was found walking outside after dark wearing nothing but a diaper and someone called the police, parents never knew she was gone. Now today, all CPS is suggesting is AA meeting (it is drugs not alcohol) and granddaughter is positive for several opiates in her urine. The child is now with father's sister, but just temporarily. We are at our wits end. I would appreciate any advice you can provide. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon. Is this your second time asking this question? I thought I previous responded and just want to clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is but thought I was going to chat with someone
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem. We can chat.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Did you read my previous answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am unable at this time to chat, will try at another time. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Ok, please let me know. I will be here to help.