How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is doctor, legally divorce years. She has

Customer Question

My daughter is doctor, legally divorce for 6 years. She has 7 y old daughter. Her ex has law degree, never work as Lawer, on disability , takes pain killers
Constantly sending her a emails and texts that he is afraid for his life b/c of my daughter. SheNEVer did or sad anything to him to give him this idea!!!
This morning she was served with temporary restraining order .
How can we stop this madness ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
The Temp Restraining order means she will need to attend the hearing as scheduled and she will need to Show Cause as to why she is not a threat to him. She can use any emails he has sent to her to show that he has some sort of mental health issue.
I suggest that she might want to have a local attorney attend the hearing with her. If she does not attend the hearing, the order will be made permanent by the court. So she needs to be there. But she might consider consulting with a local attorney who can help her to articulate to the court that she is not a threat, has never been a threat and that this is simply a move on behalf of the ex to try to get control of the daughter and an abuse of the process.
Stopping the "madness" will come when this matter is heard and he loses the request for the permanent RO. Your daughter can request the court to admonish him for using this process as a way to get even with the Mother
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you

Related Family Law Questions