How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 3 kids and I want to divorce my husband. I told him

Customer Question

I have 3 kids and I want to divorce my husband. I told him several weeks ago and it has gotten ugly with fighting in front of the kids. I want to take the kids to a hotel to let cooler heads prevail. He is threating to call the police because he says I can't do this. I can take them to a hotel if I want correct?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Have him call the police. What you are doing is not parental abduction, and so long as you are not blocking access, you are free to take the children anywhere you wish. As such, if you want to go to the hotel for now, do so. Even if he calls the police, they will tell him that this is a 'civil' matter and that unless you are breaking the law (which you are not), they are powerless to intervene. Good luck to you and please stay safe. Sincerely, ***** *****