How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my children of the 30 overnights this month

Customer Question

I have my children for 16 of the 30 overnights this month (June 2015). I am the Non-Custodial parent. My question is there an adjustment if the overnights exceed 50% for the month?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. For one month, generally there is no adjustment. However if this practice continues and you begin seeing the child more than is under your agreement, you can seek an adjustment then. Right now additional time may exist due to summer vacation and potentially different custodial changes, but it does not then create a basis to amend the terms of the support. Sincerely, ***** *****