How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our divorce is final. However, the wording in the decree is not suffi

Customer Question

Our divorce is final. However, the wording in the decree is not sufficient for the TSP. I need to file a Qualifying Retirement Benefits Court Order but do not know how. I don't think I can file an order with the judge's signature without a motion or something?? Not sure of the process
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. You would need to file a motion for a Qualifying Retirement Benefits Order, and explain in the order that you need this for your thrift savings plan.......Once you file the motion, the judge will hold a hearing (or no hearing if all parties agree) and then will issue an order in the format you need. Usually, the judge will direct you or your lawyer to draft and present the order.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a template for such motion?
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
I don't have one for your specific jurisdiction.....there may be a sample online. Also, you could ask the court clerk's office if one has been filed in another case, and if so, you can copy it and use it as a guide to create your own.