How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27189
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need my verbally abusive boyfriend to move out of the home

Customer Question

I need my verbally abusive boyfriend to move out of the home I own in Colorado. He will not leave. Where do I start
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It is your home so you certainly have a legal right to say if he can stay there. However, if he resides there, you would need to go through the legal process to get him out if he refuses to leave on his own and give him the proper notice. When there is no written lease and has never been a written lease, the State of Colorado assumes a month to month tenancy. To terminate this type of month to month lease, either the tenant or the landlord must give the other 10 days written notice. Then, if he fails to leave, you could proceed through the court and file for eviction. The clerk has the forms for you to obtain and I have provided a link below for you to reference as well Now, if the verbal abuse gets confrontational and even physical and you are in fear of your safety and think you may be harmed, then you can call the police and they may remove and arrest him and if so, a restraining/no contact order may be put in place, keeping him out as well.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!