How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to relinquishing custody of my grandson in the state

Customer Question

I want to relinquishing custody of my grandson in the state of North Carolina. I live in Maryland. I was granted legal custody on March 25, 2015 from the Department of social services. The judge in NC will revisit the custody agreement on August 18, 2015. My grandson is out of control. I contacted the social worker in NC and she stated that I have legal custody of him and that I am responsible for his well being.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you asking whether you can relinquish custody before the August court hearing?
2. Were you appointed the legal Guardian over your grandson?
3. Your grandson is with you in MD but it was the NC court which granted you guardianship, correct?

Related Family Law Questions