How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Married in US (Detroi) to an EU (German) wife. Seperated

Customer Question

Married in US (Detroi) to an EU (German) wife. Seperated for 6 1/2 years; me in the US her in EU.
Served divorce papers in US...followed by a sumons to appear EU Saarland.
How is this possible that an EU country can do this to US citizen?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, you mean to ask how is it possible that an EU country can summons a US citizen?