Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am in the state of Georgia I have been ordered via a divorce…

Customer Question
I am in the state...
I am in the state of Georgia
I have been ordered via a divorce decree to sell the home that my ex-wife currently resides in, however she won't allow anyone on the property to do an appraisal, or view the inside of the house. Foreclosure is imminent. Can I evict her?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/24/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she is not cooperating with the court ordered sale, then you must go back to court and file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt of court. She is bound to cooperate to allow for the sale of the house and if she is refusing, you take her to court on a contempt motion and ask for the court to order her out of the house (eviction) and grant you possession of the home pending the sale process as a penalty for her not cooperating.