How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116743
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the state of Georgia I have been ordered via a divorce

Customer Question

I am in the state of Georgia
I have been ordered via a divorce decree to sell the home that my ex-wife currently resides in, however she won't allow anyone on the property to do an appraisal, or view the inside of the house. Foreclosure is imminent. Can I evict her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she is not cooperating with the court ordered sale, then you must go back to court and file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt of court. She is bound to cooperate to allow for the sale of the house and if she is refusing, you take her to court on a contempt motion and ask for the court to order her out of the house (eviction) and grant you possession of the home pending the sale process as a penalty for her not cooperating.

Related Family Law Questions