Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I want to divorce, is the notarized documents required in…

Customer Question
if I want to divorce...
if I want to divorce, is the notarized documents required in US? I'm PA Resident and my Spouse works in GA, and we both are currently in India. and seperation filed in India 2 years ago, can I now file Divorce based on the seperation document.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/23/2015
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
To file for divorce in PA, one of you has to have lived in PA for at least for at least six months prior to filing. If you both currently live in India, I'm sorry to say, you wouldn't be able to file for a divorce in the US. It's necessary to file in India, based on Indian law.
Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer