How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29807
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I want to divorce, is the notarized documents required in

Customer Question

if I want to divorce, is the notarized documents required in US? I'm PA Resident and my Spouse works in GA, and we both are currently in India. and seperation filed in India 2 years ago, can I now file Divorce based on the seperation document.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
To file for divorce in PA, one of you has to have lived in PA for at least for at least six months prior to filing. If you both currently live in India, I'm sorry to say, you wouldn't be able to file for a divorce in the US. It's necessary to file in India, based on Indian law.
Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.