How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117458
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have reason to believe That my two grandchildren ages 6 and

Customer Question

I have reason to believe That my two grandchildren ages 6 and 10 are being molested by their stepbrother who is 18 years old. I have reported to the police and CPS and they say they do not have enough proof. What do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is the issue with CPS social workers, they spend more time harassing good parents than looking after the real needs of children in potential danger. Unfortunately, if they will not intervene, you are going to need to help get some proof. Are you able to get the children to a local doctor for an examination and to interview them about the alleged abuse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No! My son will not talk to me and I have not seen the children in 2 months. The inappropriate behavior started long ago when the 10 year old was 2. I called CPS at that time nothing was done.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid that legally, CPS and the police are the only agencies that can investigate or do anything about these claims unless you can get a teacher or a doctor to report it again. Legally, since the US Supreme Court has ruled in Troxel v. Granville, grandparents have very few rights as the courts hold that the parent has a fundamental right (basic civil right) to raise their child without outside interference. Thus, unless you have actual evidence of the abuse you can bring to law enforcement or CPS, I am sorry to say there really is no legal way to do what you are seeking. If you were to try to sue in court regarding custody or visitation, the court would have to legally dismiss your case based on the US Supreme Court holdings.
The only other thing you can seek to try is you can seek to hire an attorney to represent the children and seek to get a court ordered physical examination of the children and this is going to require some evidence to present to the court to substantiate the allegations you are making.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You`! I do not want to continue my free trial do not charge my account I guess I was wishing for a miracle! Thanks again
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much.
I am sorry that I had to be the bearer of that news. As experts on this site are not employees of the site we have no control over the agreement and deal you made with the site. You can be assured the expert has received nothing for spending time trying to answer your questions. Thank you so very much and I wish you all the best.
Good luck to you and you can receive a refund of your deposit by contacting customer service at

Related Family Law Questions