How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Stroke victum taken care of by husband Of 43 years. He gets

Customer Question

Stroke victum taken care of by husband Of 43 years. He gets sick and can not care for her so he takes both and moves in with daughter. He has been taking care of all finial matter for eight years since stroke. Both husband and wife have been living off of social security and recently his VA benefits. Her social security is $ 600 a month and his is now over $2,000. We lost our home of which she had paid off and a couple of days out of the hospital he said we needed to refinance to pay bills,so I agreed. He lost his job after working over twenty-five years for the same company. She had inherited some money and since we were losing the house it wa decided by both to buy a camper and truck and travel. After a year he decided to come home and left me with my daughter. The camper and truck along with by family belongings sold she paid for. We are on fair terms and now I hear from him that we can get a divorce so I can have Medicare and some one would be able to come and take care of me. He and a male friend are planning a trip to Arizonz in November until M any of next year.
my question is do I deserve some of his social security money in order to live? The camper and a $50,000 truck are in both names. If he makes this trip the value of these two vehicles will lose a lot of value. I have no way of seeing a lawyer or the money to do so. I sure could use and answer to these questions. Thanking you in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I having trouble understanding your post. You were narrating in third person, now you are asking a question in first person. Could you review your entire post, make appropriate corrections, properly identify all the parties, and resubmit?
Thank you for your cooperation.