Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

InColorado...My daughters parental rights were taken away last…

Customer Question
InColorado...My daughters parental rights were...
InColorado...My daughters parental rights were taken away last week. Does that mean my rights as a grandparent are disolved also as far as visitation, etc.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/22/2015
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Unless special rights for grandparents were ordered prior to the parental rights being terminated, the termination of your daughter's parental rights would also extinguish any inchoate "rights" in your favor. Any contact will be fully controlled by the holder of the parental rights.