Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I have a ppo on me from my ex who we have a child with, shes

Customer Question

i have a ppo on me from my ex who we have a child with, shes already stated she wants it lifted. i have a lawyer and we have a motion hearing tomorrow. hes already told me the judge will most likely not lift the ppo but may put restrictions on it so i can see my daughter.due to work i may not be able to make it to the motion hearing. if my ex and i have no court ordered parenting agreement,and we have our own written up, would we be able to sign it sometime this week and put the ppo on hold? also, if im able to make it work out tomorrow where i can make the motion hearing what should i expect? will my lawyer be able to do all the talking? how long can i expect this motion hearing to last? any advise would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Have you discussed this with your attorney; that you might not be able to make the hearing?
Your attorney can appear for you and request a continuance for a date that is more convenient for all parties.
However, I suggest that you need the court to agree to and validate any type of parenting agreement if there is a PPO against you. So no. I suggest you cannot do that.
You can expect your attorney to address the court and explain the situation as to why this is being requested. The court may and probably will ask you questions in light of any questions your attorney has for you. You can be questioned by the attorney of the other party. This is a hearing to discuss the PPO being lifted The court will not take that lightly. So there will be questioning as to the why this is in the best interest of the child.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you