How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is facing death and is permanently separated from his

Customer Question

My son is facing death and is permanently separated from his wife. What rights does she have in making decision about his care? he lives with me and I know his wishes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of your son's health issues. Please tell me1 - When you say "permanently" separated - what does that mean? Is there a Court Order in some regard? Or have they simply separated?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
2 How long have they been separated? Does he have any type of Living Will or a Power of Attorney designating any one else to be able to care for him, take care of his medical and financial issues should be not be able to make decisions on his own?