Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son is facing death and is permanently separated from his

Customer Question

My son is facing death and is permanently separated from his wife. What rights does she have in making decision about his care? he lives with me and I know his wishes.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of your son's health issues. Please tell me1 - When you say "permanently" separated - what does that mean? Is there a Court Order in some regard? Or have they simply separated?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
2 How long have they been separated? Does he have any type of Living Will or a Power of Attorney designating any one else to be able to care for him, take care of his medical and financial issues should be not be able to make decisions on his own?