Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been married 18 years i am employed my wife does not…

Customer Question
i have been married 18...
i have been married 18 years i am employed my wife does not work we have a condo that the mortgage is 117.000.00,its only worth market value 67.000.00.she has a car i cosigned with her 3yrs left on note at bank,11.775.00.i have a trk 2001 chevy i owe 2275.00.house pymt and hoa dues are 1024.00 credit card debt combined around 22.000.00. she is on social security 634.00 a month. my weekly bring home pay is 931.00. monthly bills,mortgage,lights,phones,cable,gas,food,meds,car insurance. around 3300.00.what will i be responsible for! after divorce!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/21/2015
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. There is no calculator to determine spousal support as is the case with child support. Instead, spousal support is a need-based award......which means what you would be required to pay would depend on her income (from all sources), what she needs to maintain her bills and what you can afford to pay.