Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Here goes I'll try to keep this brief...Dad died March 4 then unexpectedly Mom died J…

Customer Question
Here goes I'll try to...
Here goes I'll try to keep this brief...Dad died March 4 then unexpectedly Mom died June3. My sister was POA & cashed Moms CD to fix the house up before the state got the $. I was told as I was on my way home from MA to GA after being there for 4 months that she was giving the money to her 2 boys that Dad said so and she was there for it, the house is in trust but she has lived there for umpteen years with them and her family, she was talking of nothing but selling, but once again as I was on my way out the door, she laid out the "I'm planning on staying, not moving and then there is some other account that we're beneficiary's to and I'll be getting a check in the mail. I have no idea on what amount our parents wanted EVERYTHING to be 50/50 between us sisters only not even our husbands were to be involved. How am I to protect myself without this looking like it is all about the money? She is stealing from me don't you think? Not to mention coning me and out right lying. Please advise
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/20/2015
Family Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
My condolences on your losses. Am I assuming correctly that no will was left behind either from your father or your mother?