Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

When I told my attorney that I felt she had not fought,

Customer Question

When I told my attorney that I felt she had not fought, negotiated in my best interests - gave her several examples- during my mediation. I ended up signing it b/c I felt I had no other viable options. I was crying and distraught when I sigend it. Since
then I came across a letter from his attorney to the mediator written 2 months before that stated that I had stole from joint home equit loan and had tried to "extort money from my husband" Neither is true in any way. I did not reveal that I had the letter
to my attorney b/c I don't trust her now. I told her in general of my concerns and that I doubted I could work her. My court date set for 7/1/15 - exactly 20 days after the agreement was filed. I wanted more time to think about my situation and to get another
atorney. I told her to cancel that date. She did and sent me legal notice that it had been cancelled. Yesterday my attny sent me an email to say that husband's attorney had it resheduled to this Monday 6/22/15. I have not been officially/legally informed of
the date change. Isn't there 20 day wait period? I looked on the county court website and there is no notice of a court hearing for any date. Is she bluffing? I not want could I possibly do in 2 days to prepare?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. In which state does this case take place? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Florida
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My husband is the plantiff
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.
I'm really sorry, but I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. I will open your question for other attorneys to review. Thank you for using our service.